Project Period: since 2020 until today
Lebanon is bankrupt and the system is collapsing. The crash began when the banks were no longer able to service their debts. The situation was aggravated by the measures taken against the Corona pandemic and the new sanctions against the regime in neighboring Syria, which has close economic ties. For the people of Beirut, Tur Lebnon, Zahle and Trablos, the lights are literally going out. More and more people are in urgent need of help. We as Syriac Cross want to be a light of hope by alleviating the acute need. The aid is targeted at up to 200 families
- Emergency aid in the form of food parcels
- Financial support for the provision of medicines
- Covering electricity bills so families can continue to cook meals
- Securing an Internet connection to enable participation in education activities
- In addition to the fundraising campaign, Syriac Cross also participated in crowdfunding.
People in Lebanon are still in urgent need of help due to the political situation. Syriac Cross was able to carry out humanitarian aid measures together with associations and organizations from Germany. 500 food vouchers were distributed to buy basic foodstuffs. In addition, vouchers for medicines were distributed, from which 100 people were able to benefit. In the context of medical care, four different operations could be financed.